top of page


Check your eligibility for the Warmer Homes programme

Check your eligibility for the Warmer Homes programme

You may qualify for the funding if the following statements apply: 

  • Your home is not heated by a gas boiler. (For example you use electricity, oil, LPG or solid fuels as the main heating source to heat your home).

And either:

  • You have a total household annual income of £36,000 or less (before housing costs/bills)


  • You have a total household annual income of £20,000 or less after housing costs (mortgage/rent and council tax)


  • You receive a means-tested benefit (as listed below)

​​ Or:

  • Your home is within an LSOA (Lower Super Output Area) 1-3 postcode area (we will verify this for you once you have made your application)


The following means tested benefits are eligible for the programme:

  • Child Tax Credits (CTC)

  • Housing Benefit

  • Income based Jobseekers allowance (JSA)

  • Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Income Support (IS)

  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit

  • Working Tax Credit (WTC)

  • Pension Credit Savings Credit

  • Universal Credit (UC)

If the above statements apply to you then please apply now or call the Warmer Homes team (freephone) on: 0800 038 5737. 

Please note, if your application is initially assessed as eligible, the Warmer Homes team will contact you to verify your eligibility. Depending on how you're eligible, you may need to provide information such as bank statements, payslips or council tax bill/proof of address; or if you are self employed accounts from your last financial year or trading summary. All evidence provided will be securely stored in line with GDPR regulations and will only be used to verify your eligibility for the Warmer Homes programme. Without verification of your eligibility, we will be unable to progress your application.

This programme is available to owner occupiers and private rental tenants only. Please do not apply if you are a local authority or housing association tenant, as your application will not be accepted. 

bottom of page